As pundits are thinking about their predictions for 2007, I thought it might be useful to look back on 2006, focusing on items that may not have gotten the coverage — or the perspective — they deserve.
Death of traditional fixed-line telephony - a turning point
- Dual mode (mobile & WiFi) phones off to a very slow start
- Some positive results from the U.S. AWS spectrum auctions
- Questioning the value of Calling Party Pays (CPP) regulation
- China’s 3G licensing delay obscures interesting VAS developments
- AdvancedTCA finally gets production momentum
The complete explanations are in my article just published in the NMS Telecom Innovators News.